Paying for Training...
Other than out of pocket or employer funded, one of your options is the …
EDUCATIONAL INCENTIVE PROGRAM
This program is EASY to apply for and designed to provide scholarship funding for child care professionals. EIP is funded by the NY State Office of Children & Family Services and administered by the State University of New York (SUNY). Scholarships are awarded based on income. If you qualify, you may receive up to $2,000 for The EIP year!
Applicants may apply for scholarships for:
APPLY IMMEDIATELY- FUNDS ARE LIMITED!
Other than out of pocket or employer funded, one of your options is the Educational Incentive Program
1. EIP will fund a maximum of $30 per hour (or up to $35 per training hour if training is provided by a New York State Early Learning Trainer Credential (NYSELTC) endorsed trainer) for any non-credit bearing courses, workshops, conferences, etc. The Individualized Training Program (ITP) maximum rate is $55 per hour. The maximum scholarship for non-credit bearing courses is $700.
2. Submission deadline dates are set by SUNY. Providers are responsible for applying based on the course deadlines set in the SUNY EIP 2016 pamphlet.
3. Create an Early Childhood Education and Training Program (ECETP) account; complete an EIP application online at www.ecetp.pdp.albany.edu and fax or mail EIP your required documents. OR Complete a paper application and mail to EIP with all your required documents. The name of your trainer is required at the time of application. If you don’t have this information please contact the training organization to obtain it prior to completing the EIP application.
4. EIP processes the application. (Allow 4-6 weeks.)
5. EIP mails the scholarship results to your home address. If eligible, you will receive one award for each activity for which you applied.
6. Sign your scholarship award and submit it to the education/training organization. Each award (voucher) must be signed by both you and the training organization. If Child & Family Resources is the training organization, please mail awards and payments to Child & Family Resources, Inc., 263 Lake Street, Penn Yan, NY 14527.
7. The education/training organization completes and mails the signed scholarship award to EIP for payment. Awards are valid for 60 days from the issue or course date, whichever is later. EIP will automatically cancel expired awards.
8. If training is cancelled, the provider must call SUNY to return the award. If the training is rescheduled the provider must call SUNY to have the award reissued with the correct date.
9. EIP processes a check payable to the education/training organization on your behalf. Training Organizations should allow at least 10 weeks from the date EIP receives a completed scholarship for payment to be sent.
You may also check the SUNY website to request or view status of your application: www.ecetp.pdp.albany.edu call SUNY at 1-800-295-9616.