Online & Distance Learning
Smart Horizons Online Training
Online and Distance Learning is one option available to child care providers to continue your education.
Training courses are designed to help early childhood professionals complete annual training requirements and acquire required training hours for those seeking a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, CDA credential renewal or in-service training. Courses provide a variety of engaging topics designed specifically for the early childhood professional. Courses are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
- Purchase the amount of training hours you would like!
- Convenience of taking the trainings at home and at a time that works best for you!
- A year to use the hours you have paid for!
- Courses are approved and listed as Smart Horizon trainings on the NYS OCFS approved list
Step by step directions can be found in the Smart Horizons brochure
These trainings allow you to learn from experts and other child care providers while networking and sharing your experience with other professionals. These trainings consist of:
- a live broadcast;
- discussions with panelists including national and state experts as well as child care providers;
- opportunities for interaction at each training site;
- activities to apply what you have learned;
- extensive handout and resource materials;
- 2.5 hours of training and .25 CEUs.
Co-Trainers at each site will guide discussions and help you apply your knowledge and skills.
Videoconference Schedule & Registration Booklet
Professional Development Program - Distance Learning
Professional Development Program- Distance Learning
These trainings are available for all child care providers in New York State at no cost to participants. FREE 24/7 online e-learning courses at OCFS offers online training using several unique and innovative delivery methods to meet the needs of child care providers throughout New York State. Funding for this site is sponsored by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services,
funded by the federal Child Care and Development Fund and administered
by the Professional Development Program, Rockefeller College, University
Check out courses at E-Learning
Tom Copeland’s Taking Care of Business A blog about running a family child care business, focusing on the business side, including record keeping, taxes, contract, legal, insurance, money management and retirement planning.